Our Core Values
These values underpin all that we do at Northam SHS. We have developed these core values to create a clear understand of what is important, valued and acceptable.
- Build positive and productive working relationships
- Implement excellent teaching practices
- Give trust and respect; and earn the trust and respect of others
- Promote pride in the school and pride in yourself
- Act with commonsense – if everyone in the school took the action, would we be better or worse off?
At Northam Senior High School we have a set of priorities that guide us in all aspects of our learning environment. These include:
- Develop students and staff as whole of life learners
- Provide innovative teaching designed to encourage student centred learning
- Provide leadership, which empowers staff with the freedom to educate students to reach their full potential
- Support students at Educational Risk
- Empower students with the opportunity to be responsible for their own learning
- Encourage self-discipline as a key to education advancement and social interaction
Our practice is to communicate frequently with parents through phone calls, letters, emails, newsletters and reports to School Council and P & C Association.
We at Northam Senior High School welcome the involvement of our community and we are always available to talk with parents in the interests of excellent outcomes for all our students.